Sunday, July 11, 2010

How I use makeup....the magic of contouring and sculpting

I will keep this short and sweet, but I've always used makeup to contour and shape my face, NOT to splash color on it. I prefer neutral earth tones on my eyes and pinks and pinky reds on my lips. I feel a lot of people use makeup to create artwork on their visage, which is fantastic, but I want to look almost as if I'm wearing no makeup. I want makeup to make me look like me, but better. The best looking me I can be. I have never been fond of colorful, glittery eyeshadows for this reason. )On me, that is. I love it on others.) I feel many do not take into account their face shape when applying makeup. I have a heart shaped face with giant cheeks. Apple cheeks but more like grapefruit cheeks. Sooooo I work with my face and apply a soft pink to the apples because the pinch of color helps visually separate my cheek from the rest of my face. i.e. It makes it look not as wide. Also, I have small, upturned eyes with a very small crease, almost epithileal eyelids. (sp?) Therefore I do not wear dark colors on the lid because that dark colors all over the lid make eyes appear smaller. Also, I do not line all the way around because that would also make them appear smaller. Fake lashes look natural on me because my eyes are so small they need as much lash as possible to make them appear bigger. Finally, my lips are small. I have a cupid's bow so I play that up and line slightly on top of my natural lip line. I also like to line them because they are slightly crooked on the bottom. Liner allows me to draw a line to give the illusion they are straight and even. I stated earlier I would discuss the benefits of jumbo lip pencils as opposed to skinny lip liners. Jumbo lip pencils are just fat pencils of lipstick. The pencil point allows me to draw my lips on, but because it is a fat pencil, the line is wide, soft and blendable. Skinny lip liners create a SKINNY LINE that is discernible if you have small lips like me. Small lips need big lip pencils in my opinion. So, in sum, I urge everyone who wears makeup to take into account her/his face shape and features. I have very small features, and I use makeup mostly to make my features appear bigger and more defined. That's it. I use makeup as a sculpting tool utilizing shadows, light and the art of contouring. Use makeup how you want to, but this is what makeup means to me.

Love Always,
Pink Pamplemousse xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment