Friday, July 9, 2010

Covergirl Outlast Lip Stain, False Lashes, Life!


Hi All! Soooo I have always been dubious of lip stains because I have small lips, not thin, but small...like too small for my face. hahaha. Anyway, I either always go with liner to accentuate them or clear gloss to sort of let them fade into oblivion. But I've lately been curious about lip stains, maybe it's the magic marker brush. Yeah, it is. So I tried CG Outlast lipstain in the rosy red color Teasing Petal. I predicted it would be coarse and difficult to blend and smooth out, but I was wrong. It was easy to distribute the color and the brush allowed for shaping and definition. It definitely does not work as a liner because it is not opaque enough to go above the natural lip line (you will look like you've eaten a popsicle if you do that with this stuff), but it deposits a lot of even, bright, pigmented color. I give it a thumbs up overall because it work well and is not glossy or shiny, so it looks kinda like your lips, not lipstick. The flip side of that is that it appears overly matte, which looks a little harsh to my eyeballs. I recommend putting a gloss over it. I probably will not buy this product again however, I do love my jumbo lip pencils. More about jumbo lip pencils as opposed to skinny lip liners later. I have attached a pic of me wearing the lipstain. It's kinda small, my baaaaaaaaad.

False lashes- My favorite false lashes I find in Duane Reade drugstore for $2.69. The brand is Elite. I like #8 for a more theatrical, dramatic effect and #18 for a more natural look. When choosing a false lash you want to look at the base of the false lash, the plastic ribbing that adheres all of the lashes together. I always like to get a very thin base, nothing too unyielding or clunky. A smooth, thin base. Next I look at the shape and density of the lash. I generally like a more structured, spiky lash.....reminiscent of the spikes of a Stegosaurus. Lashes that are dense and one length from end to end can appear heavy on the eyelid and make eyes look droopy. Also, I like lashes in which the hair is dense near the base. Many brands are sparse and wispy from base to end. Above all, steer clear of long, thin, sparse false lashes. You will end up looking like Cindy Lou Who, which is a fantastic look, no doubt, but that's the look. Who down in Whovile, that will be the look. Btw, I hate NYC brand lashes and am not fond of the Revlon lashes. Elite is the best in my opinion. And the best lash glue, DUO. You can get it at MAC or the drugstore.

Swet Dreams,
Pink Pamplemousse


No comments:

Post a Comment